Neck Pain- How Can I Get Back to My Life?
The spinal part of the neck is called your “cervical spine”. It begins between your shoulders and extends to connect to the skull. We lead busy lives and sometimes those extra hours leaning over the computer can really give you some pesky neck problems. This is where one of our Chiropractors in our Orange City, West Volusia Chiropractic Office can help you.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care for neck pain?
- Headache and migraine relief
- Chronic pain relief
- Relieves tight muscles
- Permanently treats misaligned vertebrae
- Stress relief
- Relieves pinched nerves
- Treatment of fibromyalgia pain
The central nervous system is the bridge between the brain and the body. It is how we interact with our environment. The spine is a critical place for the nervous system. Misalignments in the spine, also known as subluxations, can cause serious problems and even disease. Over time they can cause tension, swelling, and negatively affect surrounding muscles.
What are the causes of neck pain?
- Degenerative disorders such as osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, and spinal stenosis.
- Poor posture
- Fracture and spinal cord compression
Sometimes you can sleep on your neck wrong and wake up miserable the next day. You try stretching, ice packs, over the counter pain medication, but to no avail. All of these listed causes may cause mild to chronic neck pain. With expert care from one of our Chiropractors at our Orange City Chiropractic Office, we can successfully treat any pain you may have. Even pain thought to be permanent and untreatable.
What options do I have?
- Decompression is a procedure that relieves symptoms caused by compression on the cervical spine or a nerve. It is done by removing tissue that is pressing on a skeletal or nerve structure.
- Stabilization is another surgical procedure that is used to limit motion between the vertebrae, thus stabilizing the joint. This can be done by an artificial implant or instrument.
- Flexion Distraction Technique is manually performed (with hands) chiropractic manipulation done by a gentle pumping action on the spinal disc.
- Instrument Assisted Manipulation involves the use of an instrument to exert a non-thrusting force onto the spine.
- Therapeutic Massage is a relaxing treatment of tense muscles
- Trigger Point Therapy relieves painful tense points in the muscles.
Will I Need Surgery? To answer your question- no, you may not. Only 5% of individuals with neck pain actually need surgery. Chiropractic adjustments can comfortably treat the cause of your pain and symptoms. It is non-surgical and non-invasive alternative way of healing that encourages your body’s natural healing powers. At our West Volusia or Daytona Beach Chiropractic office we can easily manage your discomfort and help you to get you back to your life.